Marriage & Family Savers Ministries
436B Robinson Ave -Suite 130
Newburgh, NY 12550
Phone: (845) 561-9498 Contact Via Email
Seminars and Retreats
Marriage Saver Seminars are typically conducted on Saturdays at a local church or community facility from 9:30am to 4:00pm. Click on the "Marriage Events" link in the left margin to find the next one scheduled in your area. These seminars are progressive in nature, and should be attended in sequential order. They can be modified to meet the needs of a particular congregation or community. Details, including financial arrangements if not listed on this web site, will be established with the sponsoring church or agency.
MARRIAGE SAVER SEMINAR (PART 1)
Each seminar consists of five informational sessions with a break for lunch.
Topics of each session: ---
1. Anatomy of a Marriage Saved - How we learned to do "whatever it takes" to save our marriage from the brink of divorce.
2. The Truth About Divorce - Can divorce ever be a viable option?What can one realistically look forward to if it comes to divorce? What are the effects on children and adults? Can they be avoided?
3. Covenant or Mutual Use Agreement - What can realistically be expected from the institution of marriage? How can we provide the right foundation for a relationship that will stand the test of time.
4. Personality Assessment - Attendees will discover their own personality types, strengths and weaknesses of each, and how to communicate and live with other types.
5. Communication - Learn to identify and remove the common barriers of effective communication. Learn active listening skills, and how to express your feelings and needs to your partner without fear of rejection or judgment.
MARRIAGE SAVER SEMINAR (PART II)
This seminar picks up where Part 1 leaves off, bringing greater emphasis on communication and understanding personality types. This seminar is for couples and involves more activities and participation by attendees.
1. Understanding Emotional Needs - His needs and her need are so different! Understand why he/she just doesn't think like you. Learn what your emotional needs are and learn how you can begin to meet each others needs to "affair proof" your marriage.
2. Living With Different Temperaments - In Part 1 you learned which temperament type you are. Now, in this video segment with Florence Littauer, you will learn how your type, and your spouses' type can learn to work together instead of against each other.
3. The Art of Dialogue - Learn how to communicate on a "feelings" and "needs" level where relationship happens.
4. Love Busters/Anger Management - Learn the 5 enemies of romantic love and how to deal with the biggest killer of healthy relationships -unresolved anger.
5. Speaking Life and Blessing Instead of Death and Cursing - Learn how to speak in a way that will build up instead of tear down in this video presentation by Florence Littauer.
*Arrangements for lunch may vary according to facility and accommodations available.
To find out more about scheduling a seminar contact us at